Working with Time Zones
With vcita, you will have two options for handling time zones during the online booking process. You can allow the system to show your availability in the client's time zone, or you can choose to show availability only in your default time zone.
- Recommended if you have:
- Clients in different time zones
- Services that are provided remotely - online or over the phone
- Events in locations in different time zones
- Recommended if:
- Your business is local and you only provide services to clients in your own time zone
- Your business operates at a physical location (good for hair stylists, chiropractors, etc.)
To set your timezone settings:
- Click on Settings > Availability & Calendar.
- Select the My business is local, display all times in my own time zone checkbox to ignore client timezones or leave it unselected to use timezones.
- Click on Save Changes.
See below to see how each setting affects the client experience.
Use Your Client's Time Zone
- When clients go to schedule online, the system will detect their time zone and display your availability and appointment slots in their time zone
In the example below, the client who is attempting to schedule is located in Pacific Time while the business default time zone is set to Central Time:
- A warning at the bottom lets the client know that the available appointments are shown in their current time zone.
- If the client is traveling across time zone(s), or the time zone is incorrect, they can click on Change to select their preferred time zone for the date of the service they are scheduling.
- All appointment notifications will display in the client's time zone.
- When a client's time zone differs from your default time zone, the appointment details (click on the appointment on your vCita calendar to see these) will display the staff's time zone and client's time zone
To update your client's time zone manually:
- Navigate to Clients and select your client.
- In the Contact Information pane on the right-hand side, click on Show More.
- In the Communication Details section, click the pencil icon.
- In the popup, select the correct time zone from the dropdown.
Use Your Time Zone
When clients schedule online, all services and appointment times will only show in your local time in all appointment notifications.
For information on setting up your default time zone and staff time zones check out our article How To Set Your Time Zone.