In vCita, there are two ways to require your clients to provide a phone number when booking online with you. Option one is creating an Over the Phone 1 on 1 appointment in your services. Option two is having your phone field on the client card be a required field.
Create a new service or meeting that will take place over the phone. To set this up, follow these steps:
- go to: Settings > My Services
- Select the service you want to require a phone number
- Scroll down to the Choose location section
- Click on the option Over the Phone
- In the field "Please select:" choose "You will call the client"
- Once the service is fully configured, click the "Done" button found at top left-hand side of the page
All the fields on the client card can be set as required. Here are the steps to do so:
- Navigate to Settings > Client Card
- Customize the Phone fields
- Check the box "Required Field": this will require new clients to fill out the field before the can move forward in their action
- You can also check the box "Keep asking until completed": this will ask all returning clients to fill out this field if there is no value in this field on the client card (you'll also want to check required to ensure they have to enter in a number before moving forward with their action)
- Once you have configured your Phone fields, click on "Save changes" found at the bottom right
For more details on configuring your client card fields, be sure to check out our article Customizing Client Card Settings!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.