Make your scheduling experience an efficient one for your business and an easy & pleasant one for your clients! Your customized Services Menu allows your clients and prospects to quickly find the service they need and schedule/ book swiftly via a friendly navigation to your (and your staff) updated available schedule.
- Fully customize the display of your services info
- Define the days and hours for each of your services
- Determine intervals between your appointments
- Delegate specific staff members to services or let the client choose
- Define if a booking or scheduling will be finalized after collecting a payment
- Getting Started with your Services Menu
- Setting and Updating your Services
- Snapshot of your Service Settings Options
- Related Articles
To let your clients and prospects schedule/book online services & events directly from your website, your client portal, emails, or social media pages, make sure online scheduling option is enabled:
- Go to your Online Booking Options
- Check the box next to “I offer online scheduling” as shown below:
Your Business Service Menu Overview
Select Settings from your account dashboard menu located to the left of the screen
Your Services Menu overview shows either a default icon or an image you have uploaded, the service name, its duration, fee (can be displayed or not), and if it’s a 1 on 1 or an event (destined for services with more than one participant)
Services settings menu example
The Overview Upper Menu
Located at the top right of your Service Menu Overview it contains the following buttons:
- Gets you back to your Dashboard
-Lets you configure new 1 on 1 services and events
- Displays your Services Menu as your clients/prospects see it:
Services menu example (as displayed to your clients and prospects)
Each new vCita account is configured with a few default services you can customize according to your needs.
When you set up your service menu, services that you create will be publicly displayed to the general public on your client portal, your website and social media by default unless you choose to HIDE them from the Service Menu
- Setting your Services Menu
Your service menu can be set with a combination of 1 on 1 appointments/group events that can be dragged and dropped to be displayed in your desired order.
1 on 1 appointment- Usually includes you (or a member of your team) and the client. You can list different appointment options and let clients choose which appointment they wish to schedule at their convenience based on your up-to-date availability. To learn more about 1 on 1 appointments click here
Group event- This service type is used to set up a meeting, class, workshop or any other desired event with more than one participant. Clients can sign up online until all the available spots are taken. Once you add a group event to your service menu, you can set the time the event will take place. It can be a single instance or you can open the event to a new registration on specific times on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. To learn more about group events click here
Updating your Services Menu
Choose the service/event you wish to edit
- Click on the icon you’ll see when hovering with your mouse to the right of the service type - A drop down menu will open offering the option to Edit the service/event, Hide it from your menu’s display (If you have a service that you would like to offer to some clients, but you don't want it to be publicly available on your menu or if you want to disable it momentarily), Grab a link directing to the service (to be used in emails, Social media ect..) or Delete it from your services menu.
- Click on the icon to access your Edit Service Menu from which you’ll be able to set or update the chosen service.
- Drag & drop the services to reorder them according to your needs, with the left click of your mouse.
General info - Name your service and customize the default image attributed to each service, define if the service should be displayed or hidden from your Services Menu.
Location- Define where or how the service will take place (For example: video, Skype, vCita’s conference bridge, your offices, your client’s location)
Duration & Availability- Set a fixed or variable duration for your services your clients and prospects can choose from.
Price- Choose if you'd like to display an associated fee for a service or not. If you decide to display a fee, one of the options you can choose from is requiring an upfront payment to proceed with the scheduling/booking.
Staff- Define if your clients will choose a service and then a staff member, if a staff member is delegated automatically by the system according to availabilities or if the clients get to choose the staff member before they choose a service
NOTE- This option is available from the Platinum and up subscriptions.
Client Scheduling Form
Customize the form clients are required to complete while scheduling the specific service. Each service can have its own customized form.
Note-these fields will be displayed for both existing and new clients
- How to add 1-on-1 Appointment to your Service Menu
- How to Add a Group Event to your Services Menu
- Online Scheduling Menu Settings
- Add VCita Scheduling Calendar/Service Menu Widget To Any Website
- LiveSite Service Menu FAQ's (1:1 Appointments)
- Preparation Time, Intervals & Availability
- Customized Service Forms
- What Are The Different Booking Options I Can Offer Online?
Still have questions? Contact us