Online Payment Settings
The Payment Settings page is where you select the parameters that determine how your payments are handled. Some options you can specify are:
- Default payment currency (and support of other currencies)
- Payment gateways (Stripe / Square / payments by vcita / Paypal)
- Reminder messages for late payments and expiring estimates
- Your billing address and business terms on invoices and estimates
The Payment Settings Page
On desktop, select Settings > Payments.
Setting the Default Currency
The Select your currency section lets you manage currency settings for accepting payments.
To select currency settings:
- From the Default currency list, select the currency you usually work with.
- If you accept additional currencies, make sure the checkbox is selected.
IMPORTANT: If you plan to use Square as a payment gateway, do NOT check the checkbox.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Setting Up Payment Gateways
vcita supports integration with the following online payment processors:
- Payments by vcita - please click here for more information
- Stripe and Square: These platforms allow you to accept and charge credit cards. The payments are deposited directly into your bank account.
- PayPal: Payments are deposited directly into your PayPal account. To transfer funds to your bank account, you need to initiate a transfer from your PayPal account.
You can connect your vcita account to one or more of these payment processor options. We recommend connecting to both a credit card processor and PayPal, to allow your clients a variety of payment options. (If PayPal is your only payment processor, you will not be able to accept and charge credit cards.)
vcita charges no commission or additional fees if you are connected to Stripe, Square or Paypal, but please note that if you are connected to payments by vcita, then you can view our payment gateway processing fees here.
To set up payment gateways:
- Go to Settings> Payments
- Scroll to the Choose your preferred payment methods section of the Payment Settings page and connect your payment gateways:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Payment Settings page, and make sure that the second checkbox (Allow clients to pay online....) is checked. We also recommend keeping the first checkbox checked, to enable clients to view their personal payment history when logged into the client portal.
- At the top of the Payment Settings page, click Save.
Selecting Automatic Reminder Settings
vcita offers the option to send automatic reminder messages to follow up on overdue invoices and estimates whose expiration dates are approaching. These automatic messages can save you time, prevent missed business opportunities and help you avoid potentially unpleasant exchanges with clients.
When selecting reminder settings, you can choose ONE of the following reminder types:
- No reminder
- Automatically remind me: The system will send a reminder email to you (or the staff member who issued the estimate/invoice). Choose this option if you prefer to follow up with the client personally.
- Automatically remind client: The system will send a reminder email or SMS directly to your client.
When you choose to send reminder messages, you can also specify when the message will be sent. A large number of options are offered to accommodate businesses of every type.
- Overdue invoice reminders: Options range from 1 hour to 6 months after the invoice is due.
- Expiring estimate reminders: Options range from 1 day to 1 week before the estimate expires.
To select automatic reminder settings:
- Go to the Settings/Auto Client Messages & SMS
Select the Payments tab
- Under Reminders for overdue invoices, select the reminder type from the Type list.
- If you set reminders to be sent, select a timeframe from the Schedule for list.
- If you selected Automatically remind client, you can write a customized message to be sent with the email. If you want to send reminders via both email and SMS, select the Send via text message as well checkbox.
- Under Reminders before the estimate expires, repeat the processes described in Steps 2-4.
- At the top of the page, click Save.