vCita invoicing aims to simplify the process of generating and sending invoices/quotes/receipts to your clients. Some of our latest features include:
- Creating and sending invoices/quotes/receipts from vCita’s mobile app
- Compliance with both US and European invoicing formats
- Issuing the invoices/quotes/receipts in various currencies (regardless of your set account currency)
- Defining different tax amounts per item/line
- Entering negative amount/discount rate per line item
Note: vCita also offers you the option to be paid online by your clients via your Stripe or Paypal account. In order to enable online payments, your payment settings must to be configured.
Creating a new invoice
You can easily create a new invoice from several places within your vCita account:
By clicking on the button located in your “inbox”, “Clients” menu and from a specific client card
By clicking the button located in your “Payments” menu
The next step will be to choose the client for which the invoice/quote/receipt is created
- You can either type a specific client name
- Choose one from the list
- Choose “New Client” to create a new entry on-the-fly
Next, your invoice/quote/receipt you've just created will be displayed and you can move on to customizing it.
Customizing your invoice/quote/receipt
Your invoices will always include your business logo, name and address as configured on your vCita Account Settings.
The following fields in each created invoice can be customized for the specific transaction/quote/receipt it was generated for:
- Business address- You can edit your business address to be different from the one set in your Account Settings without affecting the latter.
- Client’s address
- Invoice label - Allowing you to customize the document whether it’s an invoice, a quote or a receipt.
- Currency - Can be different from the one you have set in your Account Settings
- Purchase order- Optional (Suggested usages -For a shipping or purchase order)
- Issue and due date - If the client does not pay by the specified date, vCita can remind the business to follow up with the client. Check your configuration for this via Settings > Payments.
- Notes- Can be Terms of Service, hyperlinks,description of services, etc
Two additional options:
- Checking “Offer client to pay online” will allow your clients to pay you online.
The step following customization will be:
Adding an item to your invoice/quote/receipt
Clicking on the button within your invoice will open the following window
- Service or Product - Select the relevant service from the predefined ones you set in your Service settings or type any other service or product.
- Description- Type any description you might want to add to the service.
- Quantity and Price - Set a price and quantity to the chosen service.
- Discount- Lets you set a percentage discount to the item/service you’ve added.
- Tax- Define a tax for the item/service added by clicking on it . Note: you can reuse it on other invoices. On the invoice itself, we aggregate the tax value of all items per tax type :
The grand total will be automatically calculated:
Clicking each item will enable editing it, while clicking the icon will delete it.
- Now to the last step - Deciding what you wish to do with the receipt/quote/receipt you’ve just created:
Clicking “Cancel” will cancel the invoice/quote/receipt, “Save draft” will save the invoice for future editing and “Send” will send the invoice to the client.
After an invoice was sent or saved you can make additional changes. Visit the Payments menu to view all your invoices/quotes/receipts and their status.
You can click on any invoice/payment to view the correspondence which followed the invoice. To take additional actions that are not displayed up-front, select the 3 horizontal dots on the right.
Regardless of the time you’ll be sending it, any invoice created can be archived, canceled marked as paid and viewed through the upper menu:
- Under “Details” you will see the invoice/quote/receipt current status
- View Invoice - Displays the invoice as the client will see it.
- Remind- Will send the client a reminder for this document
- Mark as paid - Will add a "Paid" stamp on the invoice that will be visible to you and the client and the payment option will be disabled for the client.
Still have questions? Contact us.