Create an Invoice
With vcita, you can create invoices and send them to your clients. Build an invoice from scratch or use an invoice to collect all your client's due payments at once.
Invoices can be reviewed and paid online. You can also build notifications and reminders into your invoicing process.
Creating an Invoice
To create a new invoice:
- Start in your vcita dashboard and navigate to Payments >Billing & Invoicing
- Click the New button at the top of the page and select Invoice from the dropdown.
- The client selector will appear. Select the client you need to send the invoice to (add a new client if needed).
- The invoice builder will appear.
- Select the Items you wish to bill for and enter the price and quantity.
- Once you have added all the items you want to bill for, you can either Save Draft if you want to send it later or click Send if you want to send it to your client.
Closing an open balance
Based on what due and overdue payment requests the client you selected has, items will automatically be populated in the items list. Paying off the invoice will mark those requests as paid. You can remove any items you don't want on the invoice by hovering over them and clicking on the trash can item that appears. Proceed to customize the rest of the invoice.
When the invoice is paid, all the associated payment requests will be marked as paid and closed.
Customizing your invoice
Click the arrows to expand any section and edit the information.
- From: Your invoices will always include your business logo, name, and address as configured in your branding settings. You can customize those under Settings > Business Info.
- To: The client who will receive the invoice. If this invoice is for a nested client, you will see the information of the main contact and the nested client. Click on Add Recipients to CC additional email addresses on the invoice notification.
- Business address: This will be pre-populated with your account business address. Click the pencil icon to alter it.
- Invoice Label: The label which appears at the top of the invoice. You can change it to a quote, or receipt, for example.
- Currency: Currency will default to your account currency, but you can invoice in a different currency if needed.
- Invoice Number: This counter automatically increments. Keep in mind that two invoices may not have the same number.
- Purchase Order: Optionally, use this to reference a shipping or purchase order.
- Issue Date: The date on which the invoice was issued. You can backdate it.
- Due Date: The date by which payment/estimate approval is due. If the client does not pay by the specified date, vcita can send reminders and follow-ups.
Add the products and services your client is being billed for.
Terms and Notes
- Note: Add personalized notes to the client. You can save the note for future invoices.
- Terms and Conditions: Your business terms and conditions, are defined in your online payment settings.
- Online Payment Options: The online payment options available to your client will default to your account payment settings, but you can toggle online payment on and off per invoice. You can also choose to enable partial payments successfully. For example, you may only want to offer payment in installments to well-established clients.
The grand total is automatically calculated, considering any taxes and discounts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.