How can I cancel an invoice?
Note: Once an invoice has been created, it can't be deleted. However, you can cancel and archive unpaid invoices.
Important: Please ensure that you are only canceling unpaid invoices. If you cancel a paid invoice by mistake and the payment was made online, this will issue a refund to the client and cannot be reversed unless your client pays again.
Archive an Invoice
Tip: You may only archive an invoice if no payment has been made on the invoice.
To archive an invoice:
- Navigate to Payments >Billing & Invoicing
- Locate and click on the invoice you wish to archive.
- Click on the three-dot icon.
- From the menu that appears select Archive.
Cancel an Invoice
To remove or cancel an invoice:
1. Navigate to Payments >Billing & Invoicing
2. In filters on the right-hand side, select the types of invoices you want to view. For example, you could select Overdue if you want to view overdue invoices.
3. Click on the specific invoice you wish to cancel. We recommend you do this one invoice at a time to prevent errors.
4. Click the three-dot icon.
5. Select Cancel Invoice from the drop-down menu that appears.
6. Select Okay on the Pop-Up menu
7. You can then choose to cancel all activity payments that are associated with this invoice so the client will no longer show as past due.
Your invoice is now canceled, and the status will update to Cancelled.
Article is closed for comments.