How to activate a subscription for a sub-account
Activate and manage sub account's subscription and trial
This article describes how Solution Provider and White Label partners can purchase and manage subscriptions for sub-accounts.
Please note: This article is not relevant in case you prefer that clients will pay themselves for the subscription directly to vCita, so you will receive the commission.
Manage sub-account subscription
How does the Partners billing work?
As a Solution Provider or White Label partner, you will be able to upgrade your sub-accounts to any subscription – Platinum, Business, Essentials, and any one of the Starter subscriptions, on Monthly or Annual billing cycle, directly from your Partner dashboard!
For each sub-account, you will be able to see the subscription billing cycle, and vCita will notify you in advance when a subscription is up for renewal. So you can easily follow up on your sub-accounts subscription renewals and payments.
Each sub-account’s subscription is managed separately, which means you will be charged separately for each sub-account subscription and also receive a separate invoice for each transaction.
This allows you flexibility and control over your sub-account’s subscriptions.
Upgrade a sub-account to a premium subscription
- Login to your vCita account and navigate to your Partner Dashboard.
- Click the Activate Subscription button, next to the client’s account.
- From the dropdown list, select the subscription you would like to provide the sub-account with, and then click Activate.
Please note: The subscription price listed in the partner dashboard is the discounted rate that you pay as our partner.
You can charge your clients any rate you would like.
- Provide your billing information (you will be required to do so for each account upgrade), and make sure to enter the email address for your vCita account (not the client's account).
- You will receive an invoice over email for the subscription charges
Sub-account trial activation
A trial can be activated either by the Partner or by the sub account.
- Activate trial for the sub account
Every account that is created under your partner dashboard is created with 14day trial with the Business plan features.
If you as the partner create the account for the user, you may also like to help setting up the account. As you do that, the account on-boarding checklist is being completed.
Once you are done, and ready to hand over the account to your client, you should click on "Switch to setup completed" - This will reset the trial period and the on-boarding checklist, and will allow your client to self explore the different options before upgrading to a paid subscription.
- Sub account activates trial by themselves
- Sub account's of a White Label partners can activate 14-day trial by clicking on any upgrade banner within their account. They will see a message telling them that they entered the trial and will have an option to contact you for further assistance.
You will receive an email notification that a sub account is ready to upgrade including their contact details for you convenience, so you can easily activate a subscription for them.
- Sub account's of a Solution Provider partners can activate 14day trial by subscribing to any Annul vCita plan.
Manage sub-account subscription, view invoices
or update billing info
- To change plans or cancel a sub-account subscription, simply select the Change link for the account you wish to update.
- To view and download invoices, or to update your billing information, select the link with the subscription’s name next to the client’s account.
Please note: this change will not affect the way your clients are being billed in cases where they upgraded their own account (IE; sub-accounts activated with the “Client Can Pay” option)
How can I change a plan for an existing sub-account?
In case you wish to change the subscription plan for an existing account (subscription purchased before Oct 2015), you should first cancel the current subscription and then activate a new subscription.
Still have questions? Please contact us here.
Article is closed for comments.