How do I create new accounts for my clients?
This article will walk you through how to create and manage vCita accounts for your clients.
The article's sections:
Your Partner Dashboard, allows you to easily create and resell vcita accounts for your clients.
To create an account, visit your Partner Dashboard and click Create New Account.
Choose one of the 3 options:
- Create a new account (For Solution Providers & White Label partners only) By entering your client's email and other business information, you can create a new account directly under your Partner dashboard. For a quick setup, select the Industry and Profession for the business that you create. The account will be automatically set up with a design that matches your selection and related calls to action.
Please note - When you create accounts for your clients, you have an option to reset the self-onboarding process for the client. Click here to learn more.
- Clone account (For Solution Providers & White Label partners only) - You can create new accounts based on a specific template, so the new accounts will be created with the same settings as the template account.
From the Partner Dashboard, check the Mark as template box, next to the account you wish to duplicate its settings.
Then, click on Create New Account, and select Clone an existing account.
Under Choose Template, select the template account, and complete the business information for the new account. Click on Create New Account.
Please note - When you create accounts for your clients you have an option to reset the self-onboarding process for the client. Click here to learn more.
- Invite clients to join - share with your clients your unique partner link and invite them to create their own accounts. Once the account is created, it will be displayed in your Partner Dashboard.
You can share your invitation link in different ways:
- Social Media - click on any of the social media icons to connect to your account. You can customize the message before posting.
- Email - click o the email icon to send the invitation over email directly from your Partner Dashboard. We have prepared an email template you can use but feel free to customize it. You can find additional email templates here.
- On your website - copy the invitation link and add it to your website, email campaigns, webinars or online promotions. You can find banners and marketing materials here.
Manage and set up the sub-account - Once the account was created, it will be added to your Partner dashboard, and you can edit and customize it by clicking Login as. (available to Solution Providers & White Label partners). Please note - After you complete the sub-account setup, you must reset the onboarding process so your client will be exposed to the welcome tutorial on the account and will be introduced to the different options. See the next step.
Reset the onboarding process & trial period -
When you create the account for your client, the account setup status is 'In-process'. That means that you can access the sub-account and adjust the settings before the client starts to receive any email notifications or promotions about their vCita account.
Once an account is created, it automatically starts a 14-day free trial.
After you are done setting up the account for the client, you should reset the onboarding process by clicking on Switch to Setup Completed next to the account in the Partner Dashboard.
This will ensure that your client will enjoy the self on-boarding process -
- The client will be able to see the onboarding wizards and learn about different features in the system.
- The client will be able to review and adjust the settings as needed.
- The client will receive the 'Welcome' email and other product updates.
Activate a subscription - The accounts you create will be set as 14-day trial accounts. As a Solution Provider or White Label partner, you can use this time to setup the account for your client, train them, or demo to them.
When you are ready to hand over the account for your client, click on Switch to Setup Completed - this will reset the trial period and allow your clients to experience the options themselves.
When you are ready to upgrade the account to a paid subscription, click Activate subscription and choose the preferred subscription.
Please note, if you are a Solution Provider or a Reseller partner, your clients have the option to upgrade to any subscription on their own within their vCita account. In this case, you may be eligible for a Partner commission.
Click here to learn more about the Partnership program.