Getting to know your inbox
Your Inbox is where all of your business communications are routed to. This includes things like meeting requests, contact requests, payment notifications and shared documents. From here you can respond to incoming requests, create new client-facing requests and more.
This article explains the different features of your Inbox and describes how to use them.
Components of Your Inbox
The main features of the Inbox are described in the table below the diagram.
Create a new client, invoice, appointment and more directly from your Inbox. Click New and then select the appropriate option.
|2||Refresh||Update the Inbox to display any new communications received since the Inbox was last loaded.|
|3||Select Options||Enables you to select and unselect all messages. When a message is selected, additional action buttons appear at the top of the Inbox. For more information, refer to Performing Actions on Messages.|
|4||Inbox Folders||Enables you to organize and manage messages. For details, refer to the section Inbox Folders.|
|5||Conversation List||Displays messages in order of their receipt. Clicking a message opens the Conversation page for that message. For more information, refer to Handling Conversations.|
Your vCita Inbox contains several folders to assist you with organizing your messages.
The folders are:
- Inbox: Contains all messages that have not been marked for follow up, archived, assigned (requires multi-staff subscription), or deleted.
- Require Your Attention: Contains all messages that have not yet been viewed.
- Follow Up: Contains all messages that have been marked for follow up. For more information, refer to Performing Actions on Messages (below).
- Archived: Contains all archived messages.
- Deleted: Contains all deleted messages. Please note, in the Deleted folder, you have the option to Delete Forever any messages in this section. If selected, the message will be permanently removed from your Inbox and you will not be able to retrieve it.
- Sources: Allows you to filter messages according to the conversation source.
Performing Actions on Messages
When one or more messages are selected (by selecting the checkbox next to a message), several action buttons appear which enable you to manage the message(s).
- Remind me in: Allows you to specify a time frame to follow up on the selected message.
A reminder email is automatically sent out on the selected follow-up day and the message itself is moved to the Follow Up folder.
- Assign (Requires multi-staff subscription): Allows the conversation to be assigned to another staff member.
- Archive: Moves the message to the Archived folder.
- Delete: Moves the message to the Deleted folder. Keep in mind that if you select to delete forever all conversations associated with a client, the Client Card itself will also be deleted.
- Mark as Read: Marks the message as read.
- Mark as Spam: Marks the message as spam and removes it from your Inbox.
When you click on a message in your Inbox, the Conversation page for that message opens. This page contains many features that let you manage the conversation quickly and easily.
|1||Action Buttons||Provide shortcuts to common actions. (Functions are similar to those on the main Inbox page.)|
The location from where the client engagement originated (website, campaign, client portal, etc.). Clicking the source generates a popup that provides further details of the engagement location, such as the specific URL or campaign the client reached out through.
|3||Client Card||A quick view of the client card that provides comprehensive information about the client.|
Contains the content of the current message, as well as all previous correspondence in the message thread. You can quickly handle the message by clicking one of the follow-up actions provided. Available actions vary according to conversation type.
Enables you to reply to the client. Type your answer on the line provided, or click the + icon to open a selection of quick-response actions.