Schedule with any staff member
vCita gives your clients the option to schedule with their preferred staff members helps to maintain a closer and more trusted relationship with your clients. However in some cases your clients may not have any preference as to which staff member provides the service, or there may be cases in which you would like to give all your staff members equal opportunity to assist clients.
For those cases, vCita allows you to present to your clients one calendar which displays your staff joint availability.
The client will select the most convenient time for them and the service will be scheduled with the staff member which has that specific time available.
In case more than one staff member is available for the selected time slot, the system will randomly assign the service to one of the staff members.
Enable the Auto-assign staff option on your Service Menu
You can enable the Auto-assign staff option for each service separately.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Services and Edit the specific service you wish to enable this option for.
- Check the box next to Auto-assign staff option (You should have at least 2 staff members selected under “Provided by”).
- When Add ‘I have no preference’ to staff selection menu is selected, your clients will have the option to select either a specific staff member or schedule with a random staff member as in the image below:
- When ‘Don’t show staff selection menu’ is selected, the client will not have the option to select any specific staff member. Instead, the clients will be forwarded directly to the calendar to select the service date and time and a random available staff member will be assigned.
- If you set the scheduling order setting (Settings> Scheduling Options> Scheduling order) to first display the staff members and then the services, it will override the ‘Auto-assign staff’ settings.
- Clients won't be able to pick more than one time slot in the 'auto-assign' option, in order to prevent routing conflicts.
- Create Your Service Menu
- Add a One-on-One Appointment to your Service Menu
- What is vCita Team Account?
- Assign messages and appointments to other staff members
- Staff member Account Settings
Still have questions? Contact us.