vCita offers two types of intake forms you can use to collect and store information about your clients: the Client Card and Client Intake Form.
Client Card fields appear when a new client is interacting with your business for the first time. You can view and edit these under Settings > Client Card. (for more info on the Client Card, please check out our article Customizing Client Card Settings).
Client Intake Forms, on the other hand, are service-specific, and this information needs to be filled out every time a client schedules an appointment for that specific service.
Please Note: Answers to service-specific questions will not be added to the client card. Instead, they can be found in the conversation tied to the appointment.
Here's how to create a client intake form:
- Go to Settings > My Services
- Select the service you want to add an intake form to
- Scroll down to the Client Intake Form section
- This section will display all the client card fields under Default booking intake form fields - to update the default fields, navigate to Settings > Client Card
- Under Additional fields for the service, click "Add/Edit"
- The Add/Edit menu expands
- Any existing Client In-take fields will appear
- Click Add field to add a new field
- A drop-down menu will allow you to add the following field types:
- Single Line Field: One line text answer
- Multi Line Field: Multi-line answer. You may select the number of lines. Recommended for questions that may have a longer answer
- Drop Down Field: A multiple choice drop-down menu. One option may be selected
- Checkbox: A single checkbox for acknowledgment or consent to a specific action
- Datepicker: Displays a calendar for date selection - Great for asking for a birthday, wedding date, etc.
- After selecting your field type, the Field Options window will open.
- Label the field - this is the question or field name that your clients will be responding to
- All the fields will have the option to be Required - if you want your client to fill out the field before they can complete scheduling, check that box
- Some fields will have an additional step:
- Multi Line Field:
- Enter how many lines the filed should be
- Drop Down Field
- Enter your drop-down choices: type in each choice, and then hit the "Enter" key; this will ensure the options are separate when they display to your clients
- Under Default Value, check the box if you want the checkbox to be "Checked by default"
- Multi Line Field:
- Check "Required" if this is a required field. If you do, your client will not be able to finish scheduling without filling it
- Select "Save" to complete
- Once you SAVE the field, it will be added to the Client intake form section:
- You will now see options to edit or delete the field on hover if necessary
- After you've finished your client intake form, click the Done button at the top to save your changes
Client Experience When Scheduling
Here is an example of what the client will see when scheduling an appointment for a service with a client intake form:
Still have questions? Contact Us