Nesting Multiple Items or Individuals under a Contact
It's possible to nest multiple items or individuals under a single contact in vcita. You will find all the items associated with a particular contact under the contact information on the client card (on the right hand side).
- Create bookings, payment requests, notes etc. for each item or individual.
- All business communications such as booking notifications, payment notifications and reminders will be sent to the contact information on file.
In this example, Anya is the main contact with three individuals (patients) linked to her: herself, and her two kids Ben and Casey.
Select Your Work Term
First, select the type of item you want to manage. Select the item that fits best with your business.
- Navigate to Settings > Business Info.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and switch to Choose a custom term (the default is Clients).
- Choose from:
- Regardless of the term you select, the workflow for adding items or individuals remains the same.
When you are adding a brand new contact and project, fill out both the contact details and the client details:
- Open the Clients menu. At the top of the page, click New Client. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
- Enter the client's contact information and client information. Contact information contains the email address, phone number and other contact details of the main point of contact responsible for the item. The client information contains details about the actual item or individual that you will be working with.
A new client card is created. All the items associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane:
To add another item under the same contact, click the + button in the items section to easily add a new item.
- Click New Client in the Clients section or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new patient under. In the previous example of Anya Addison, I would enter Anya's email address to add another patient under her. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new patient.
- A new patient is added in the patient section.
Engage with Multiple Clients
Select the relevant item in the client card (or in any client picker by searching) and click on the + button found in the conversation page to create a new booking or other engagement.
As you start to receive interactions related to specific items, they appear in your account linked to both the contact and the nested item.
View Bookings and Activity
To see the conversation, bookings, payments and engagements for any single individual/item, click on it. The selected item/individual will have a checkmark next to its name and you will only be viewing their engagements. You can switch between the Notes, Bookings, Payments and Documents tabs to see specific engagements.
You can easily search for contacts and individual items in your clients list - just search for the main contact or the name of the item.
Edit Contact and Client Info
- Contact Information is found in the right-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon to edit it. Contact info remains the same for all clients under that contact.
- Client information is found in the left-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon in the left pane to edit it. Client info differs between the items/individuals.
Select the relevant item and click on the Delete button found at the top of the page to delete it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.