Nesting Multiple Clients under a Main Contact
It's possible to nest multiple individuals under a main point of contact in vcita, such as multiple clients under a main point of contact, children under a parent or even pets. You can keep track of multiple individuals while communicating with their contact person.
- Create bookings, payment requests, notes etc. for each client.
- All business communications such as booking notifications, payment notifications and reminders will be sent to the contact information on file.
In the example below, Anya is the main contact with three clients linked to her: herself, and her two kids Ben and Casey.
Select Your Work Term
First, select the type of work you want to manage. Select the work term that fits best with your business.
- Navigate to Settings > Business Info.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and switch to Choose a custom term (the default is Clients).
- Choose from:
If you feel your business is better described by one of the other business terms like 'Project', refer to this resource for a more tailored solution.
- Regardless of the term you select, the workflow for adding clients under a contact stays the same.
When you are adding a brand new contact and client, fill out both the contact details and the client details:
- Open the Clients menu. At the top of the page, click New Client. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
- Enter the client's contact information and client information. Contact information contains the email address, phone number and other contact details of the main point of contact for the children. The client information contains details about the actual individual that you will be working with.
A new client card is created. All the clients associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane:
To add another client under the same contact, click the + button in the clients section to easily add a new one.
- Click New Client in the Clients section or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new client under. In the previous example of Anya Addison, I would enter Anya's email address to add another client under her. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new client.
- A new client is added in the clients section.
Engage with Multiple Clients
Select the relevant client and click on the + button found in the conversation page to create a new booking or other engagement.
As you start to receive interactions related to specific clients, they appear in your account linked to both the contact and the nested client.
View Bookings and Activity
To see the conversation, bookings, payments and engagements for any single client, click on that client. The selected client will have a checkmark next to their name and you will only be viewing their engagements. You can switch between the Notes, Bookings, Payments and Documents tabs to see specific engagements.
You can easily search for contacts and clients in your clients list - just search for the main contact or the name of the client.
Edit Contact and Client Info
- Contact Information is found in the right-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon to edit it. Contact info remains the same for all clients under that contact.
- Client information is found in the left-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon in the left pane to edit it. Client info differs between the clients.
Delete Clients and Contacts
Select the relevant client and click on the Delete button found at the top of the page to delete the client.