Add Multiple Projects to a Contact
It's possible to nest multiple projects under a single contact in vcita, so you can keep track of multiple work items at a time.
- Create bookings, payment requests, notes etc. for each project.
- All business communications such as booking notifications, payment notifications and reminders will be sent to the contact on file.
In the following diagram, we have set up our CRM to manage multiple cases for Ronald Ford, and in the second example, multiple properties under Bailey Sharp.
Select Your Work Term
First, select the type of work you want to manage. In Ronald's example, we want to manage cases. In Bailey's example, we want to manage properties. Select the work term that fits best with your business.
- Navigate to Settings > Business Info.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and switch to Choose a custom term (the default is Clients).
- Choose from:
If you feel your business is better described by one of the other business terms like 'Patient', refer to this resource for a more tailored solution.
- Regardless of the work term you select, the workflow for adding projects under a contact stays the same.
When you are adding a brand new contact and project, fill out both the contact details and project details:
- Open the Projects menu. At the top of the page, click New Project. (keep in mind that your Projects section may be named something different depending on the work term you selected earlier).
- Enter the client's contact information and project information. Contact information contains the email address, phone number and other contact details of the main point of contact for the projects. The project information contains details about the actual project that you will be working on.
A new client card is created. All the projects associated with the contact are listed under the contact information pane:
To add another project under the same contact, click the + button in the projects section to easily add a new project.
- Click New Project in the Projects section or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the project under. In the previous example of Ronald Ford, I would enter Ronald's email address to add another case under him. Select the desired contact from the dropdown.
- The contact details will auto-populate. Proceed by filling out the details of the new project.
- A new project is added in the projects section.
Engage with Multiple Projects
Select the relevant project in the client card (or in any client picker by searching) and click on the + button found in the conversation page to create a new booking or other engagement.
As you start to receive interactions related to specific projects, they appear in your account linked to both the contact and the nested project.
View Bookings and Activity
To see the conversation, bookings, payments and engagements for any single project, click on that project. The selected project will have a checkmark next to its name and you will only be viewing engagements related to the project. You can switch between the Notes, Bookings, Payments and Documents tabs to see specific engagements.
You can easily search for contacts and individual projects in your clients list - just search for the contact or the name of the project.
Edit Contact and Project Info
- Contact Information is found in the right-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon to edit it. Contact info remains the same for all projects under that contact.
- Project information is found in the left-hand pane. Click on the pencil icon in the left pane to edit it. Project info differs between the projects.
Select the relevant project and click on the Delete button found at the top of the page to delete it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.