Connect to Google Analytics 4
GA4 Google Analytics app allows you to track and measure user actions on the client portal and business page after clicking, such as booking your services, completing payments, or filling out a contact form.
- Track and measure leads and clients' actions on your Client Portal and Website Widgets.
- Monitor visits on your Business Page and view their source
- Analyze user behavior to improve the user experience and increase conversions.
- Gain insight into which marketing efforts generate ROI
All information will be displayed in your Google Analytics account.
Getting Started with Google Analytics
- Go to your app market and install the “Google Analytics” app.
- Open the app and submit your Google Analytics 4 ID (find my Google GA4 ID)
- After connecting, To make sure the integration was established successfully, go to your client portal and take some actions to activate events (e.g., Enter the booking page or payments page).
- Go to your Google Analytics 4 Account ‘Reports’ section, open the ‘Realtime’ report, and check the ‘Event count’ to see that your events are starting to add up.
- Once the connection is working and you can see the events being added, you can go to your Google Analytics ‘Events’ under the ‘Engagements’ section to track the number of visits, timeline, top events, etc. Events may take up to 24 hours to update, even if you see them under the Realtime report.
Important: While the first connection is established, it may take a few hours to start seeing your first events in your Reports section.
Note: No Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is sent to Google Analytics or other systems. Conversion tracking through your account follows HIPAA standards and regulations.
Tracking Your Online Presence Events
All client activities on your account online presence tools are tracked and include the following parameters:
- %userid% - The unique identifier of a user as it appears in CRM
- %activityid% - represents the generated activity, for example, meeting id
- %event%- Always show ‘client portal’ (Previously LiveSite)
- %type% - Event Category
- %name% - Event name as it appears in your analytics dashboard
- %price% (Only for relevant events) - If the event includes payment or purchase, it will also include the price
Online presence list of event parameters
Why can’t I see Google Analytics on my app market?
Google Analytics is currently not available to all plans; if you don’t see it, please contact your support team.
Do you support google universal analytics?
If you had a previous active universal analytics implemented in your account, it would remain supported until Google Universal Analytics end of life on July 1st, 2023 (link to Google announcement)
Can Google Analytics pick up events from the back office?
No. conversion tracking only tracks events that occur on the client portal, business page, and Widgets
My events are not showing. Why is this?
It can take up to 24 hours for events to populate in Google Analytics. If your events are not showing after 24 hours, contact support.
Article is closed for comments.