Date Specific Availability
Your schedule won't always be fixed - you may need to make changes to specific days, for example, to take a day off or work shorter or longer hours than usual. That's where date-specific availability comes in hand to handle temporary changes to your schedule.
Date-Specific Availability for Staff Members
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to Settings > Staff (just settings for non-Admins).
- Click on the icon next to your name and select Staff Settings.
- Switch to the My Schedule tab.
- Click on the Edit date-specific availability button.
- In the popup, your regular business hours will be represented by pale yellow time slots. Click on any one of these existing timeslots to delete the regular availability. Now, you can leave that day empty or add custom time slots.
- Click on any empty time slot and drag to create additional hours. Any newly added date-specific availability will be bright yellow.
- Click Save to save the new time slot.
- If you would like to restore default business hours that you have deleted, click on the day marker near the top of the screen (for example, Thurs 6/4) and click the Restore default button which appears near the bottom of the popup.
- Click Done to save your changes.
Date-Specific Availability for Services
Date specific availability at the service level allows you to be more selective about the services you offer on a given day. You may be available, but want to temporarily limit bookings for a specific type of service. For example, due to renovations at your building, you may not want to offer in-office appointments for a week. However, you are still available for phone and online appointments. Here's how you would adjust the availability of that specific service, without affecting your availability for other services.
- Open the Settings menu and click My services.
- Click the service you want to add date-specific availability to and scroll down to Duration & Availability.
- Under Service availability, select the Service has different availability radio button, and then click Edit availability for specific dates.
- The interface is the same as in the case for staff members.
- Click on regular business hours to delete them.
- Click on empty slots to add new business hours.