Date Specific Availability
Your schedule won't always be fixed - you may need to make changes to specific days, for example, to take a day off or work shorter or longer hours than usual. That's where date-specific availability comes in hand to handle temporary changes to your schedule.
Date-Specific Availability for Staff Members
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to Settings > Staff (just settings for non-Admins).
- Click on the icon next to your name and select Staff Settings.
- Switch to the My Schedule tab.
- Click on the Edit date-specific availability button.
- At the top of the Date-specific availability pane, you can see the currently viewed week, and click on the arrows to go backward and forwards between weeks.
- In the pane, your regular business hours for each day of the week are shown. Hover over each to see an "edit" icon. Click on it to open that date's availability settings
- To edit an existing availability session, click on its start or end time and change them. Click on the blue check to save your changes, or on the "X" to cancel them.
- To add an additional availability session that day, click on "+ Add time slot".
- If you want to make an entire day unavailable or add availability to a day that regularly has none, click on the "Available" toggle.
- Once a date's availability has been edited, it will be shown in the date-specific availability pane.
- To restore a date's edited availability to its default hours, edit that date's availability and click on "Restore default hours", then confirm the default hours and click on "Restore".
Date-Specific Availability for Services
Date specific availability at the service level allows you to be more selective about the services you offer on a given day. You may be available, but want to temporarily limit bookings for a specific type of service. For example, due to renovations at your building, you may not want to offer in-office appointments for a week. However, you are still available for phone and online appointments. Here's how you would adjust the availability of that specific service, without affecting your availability for other services.
- Open the Settings menu and click My services.
- Click the service you want to add date-specific availability to and scroll down to Duration & Availability.
- Under Service availability, select the Service has different availability radio button, and then click Edit availability for specific dates.
- The interface is the same as in the case for staff members, except the panel also displays the name of the service at the top.
Please sign in to leave a comment.