Create Recurring Appointments and Events
Setting up a recurring appointment or event
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to the Calendar.
- Click Schedule New in the upper left or click on any empty space in the calendar. Choose Appointment or Group Event from the dropdown.
- Select a client from your list.
- Select the service from the dropdown. You can make edits as needed using the Location and price settings.
- Click on Does not repeat.
- Enable the Repeat toggle
- Set the frequency: does the appointment happen every day? Every week? Every two weeks? You can choose multiple days of the week for the appointment to take place.
- Determine when the series ends:
- After a set number of appointments
- After a specific date
- Choose Never to create a series that does not end. You can always cancel the series when it is no longer needed
- In the following example, the appointment will occur every Tuesday and Friday, weekly, 10 times for a total of 10 weeks.
Click Done to schedule. Your client will receive a calendar invite to all occurrences.
Updating Recurring Appointments
- Click on any recurring appointment to make changes.
- You can either:
- Reschedule - Change the time or date of the appointment
- Reassign - Assign the appointment(s) to another staff member
- Edit - Change appointment details like location, appointment title, notifications etc.
- You can choose whether to apply these changes to a single appointment or every upcoming appointment in the series.
Canceling Recurring Appointments
The workflow for canceling recurring appointments is essentially the same as standard appointments.
- Navigate to the Calendar.
- Select the appointment you would like to cancel
- Select Cancel Appointment
If you decide to cancel any recurring appointments or group events internally, you will be given two options; cancel "This Appointment" or cancel "All Appointments."