In some countries, you are required to ask your clients for their consent before you can send them campaigns or promotions.
One easy way to get clients consent, is to ask them to provide it when they contact your business through the system - when sending you a message or scheduling an appointment.
This article will review how you can add an 'opt-in' field to your LiveSite forms, and how to send campaigns only to clients that have opted in.
Add an 'opt-in' field to the Client Card
When adding a field to the client card, you can also make it part of the LiveSite forms. Clients will be required to complete the form before submitting their request.
- Navigate to Settings>Client Card.
- From the Add Field section select a Opt-in for campaings field and click on Add.
- Mark this field as a Required field, and also check all the options under Request from clients online.
*Contact form - clients view
Create mailing group
In order to send campaigns to client, you should first filter and tag the clients you want address.
- From the left navigation pane select Clients.
- Under Filter Clients on the left, check the opt-in field and select Yes from the drop down field.
Now you will see all the clients that have opted-in to your campaigns.
On the left, the list of clients will be updated according to your filtering rule.
- Click Select>All and then click on Add Tags.
- Click on the Add Tag field and type in your tag for example OptIn.
- You can filter clients based on other parameters and add other tags as needed.
Send the campaign to the mailing list
After you've set the mailing list by adding related tags, you can go ahead and send your campaign.
- From the left navigation pane select Campaigns.
- Create a new campaign or click to Send an saved campaign.
- Select the campaign type and complete the campaign configuration. Click Continue.
- In the Search client by name, email or tag field type in the OptIn tag and any other related tags
- Click on Select All or click only on specific clients to which you want to send the campaign to.
- Click Continue>Send