Set Booking Follow-Ups With Clients
With vcita, you can handle appointment follow-ups either automatically or manually.
Setting Up Automated Follow-Up Messages
Follow these steps to set up automated follow-up messages:
- Open the Settings menu and click Auto Client Messages.
- On the right side of the page, click the Post-appointment Follow-up Quick Navigation link.
- In the Follow-up list, make sure that Automated follow-up is selected. Then, open the Time after appointment list and choose when the follow-up should be sent. Options range from Immediately after to 18 months after.
- If you want, update the default message content as you wish.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Once the Appointment / Event occurrence is created, the programmed Follow-Up is displayed in the Appointment window, as shown in the example below.
vcita offers the following manual booking follow-up actions:
- Sending a thank-you email with a Scheduling call-to-action button, so the client can schedule the next appointment
- Scheduling the follow-up appointment for the client
Both of these actions are done from the Appointment details page of the original booking. To get started, open a completed appointment, or open a scheduled appointment, click and mark the appointment as Completed.
Next, click the 3-dot icon again and select Take follow-up actions.
You will have two follow-up options.
Sending a Thank-you Message and Invitation to Book
- Select Send a thank you note... from the above dialog box.
- Update the text of the message as you wish, and then click Send.
The figure below is an example of how the client would see the message:
Scheduling a Follow-up Appointment for the Client
- Select the Schedule a follow-up appointment radio button from the above dialog box and click Next.
The New Appointment dialog opens.
- Complete the appointment details. You can type a personal message to the client in the space provided.
- Click Send.