vCita's Group Events is a great solution when you want to allow more than one person to register for your services: classes, workshops meetings etc.. Clients will be able to sign up online until all available spots you have predefined are taken.
- Configure the max number of people who can register for each event
- Set time and location for the event
- Define the event as a single instance or a as a repeating one
- Repeating events can be defined with specific times on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Add a Group Event to your Service Menu
- Set a Time for the New Event
- Edit an Event Occurrence
- Manage Attendees
- Manually Register Clients to Your Event
- Invite Clients to Register
- Cancel an Event
- Related Articles
Group events include you (or a chosen staff member) and a maximum amount of customers you define.
To add a new Group Event:
- Click on the button in your account dashboard menu (to the left of the screen)
- Select in the Settings Menu
- Click on the button
- Choose from the drop down menu
Next, you will be asked to configure the following options for each event you create:
Name your service add a description, customize the default image attributed to each service, define if the service will be displayed or hidden from your Services Menu.
Note- Whether you choose to hide the event from your Services Menu or not, you can always send a direct link to the clients you choose, to let them book a spot for that specific event.
- - The maximum number of people who can register online to the event.
You can always modify the number you have selected when you set up time for the event later on, or while editing the event.
Define how or where the service will take place: Phone call, On location, Skype call, or Online (for an outside meeting service).
For each Communication Type, you will be able to specify an address, phone number Skype name or URL to your preferred video conference or webinar platform.
In this section, you will have to set a fixed length for the service with the drop down menus. In addition, you will have the option to set an amount of time off right before the service begins: the preparation time.
- Preparation Time- Allows you to block a certain amount of time before each round of service begins. This can be useful to block time for traveling, time-off between client meetings or phone calls. Preparation time helps to avoid appointment fatigue and overlap and ensures that you will not have back-to-back bookings. The time you set here will be added before the event starts.
Choose if and how you'd like to display associated fee for your service. If you decide to set a fee you can request to be paid up-front.
Please note: In order to request up-front payments, your payment gateway has to be configured under your Payments Settings.
If you are on the Business plan, you can select which staff member will provide the service by default. You will be able to change this for every occurrence.
After you have set the duration of the service, define how long you'd like the event to remain available, if you want it to be repeated (set the occurrences) and if scheduling to this event should be restricted and not publicly displayed on your calendar.
Please note: Clients will be able to see the event on your Client Portal Services Menu if online scheduling is enabled.
Setting time for the event can be done from 3 places:
- Directly from your by clicking anywhere in it, and choosing "Group Event"
- From the Event Settings page by clicking on
- From the Service Menu, by clicking on The "No Future Events" message:
A Schedule Event window will show.
Example of Event Window
- Select the relevant event from the Services drop down list
- Define the Start Time and End Time for the service
- Repeats - An event can be open for registration on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. You can set this service to stop being available on a specific date or after a specific amount of repetitions (occurrences).
If the client initiates the booking request to a repeating event- They will not automatically be added to the rest of that event sessions (occurrences), even if you have checked the Repeat box. The client will need to sign up to each specific occurrence separately.
If you initiate the client's booking by sending them an invite to a repeating event- They will be added automatically to each session (occurrence).
In the example above: The event, a "Wealth Management Webinar" held over Skype, is open for 5 people maximum to register. Each session will begin at 6 pm and will end at 7 pm. This webinar will take place 15 times, every 4 days (day count is calculated according to the open business days you have configured). The first session is set for the 1/12/2017. To register, clients will be asked to pay 50 Euros upfront and 10 minutes preparation time has to be defined for you or the relevant staff member before each webinar session begins.
- When checking this option, only clients with a unique registration link that you provide will be able to register to that service. This link will provide a sign-up for that specific time/date occurrence.
Please note: Each occurrence will have its own unique link that you can share with your clients (even if the invitation only option was not checked). The link will be created after the Schedule Event setting is saved. Simply click on the specific occurrence to view the Invitation link. Click here to learn more.
- Type & Details- The event fee, number of attendees and type are taken from the event settings on the service menu. However, if needed, click on the icon to modify each of these details.
Click on to save your event settings.
Client Scheduling Form- This is where you can customize the form clients are required to complete while booking their spot to the specific event.
The Client Card Fields usually include basic contact information like their email address, first name, and last name, and they are usually mandatory.
Adding Additional Customised Fields- You can add more fields by clicking on the button.
Please Note: The client will be requested to provide this information each time they book that service with you, they will be presented for both existing and new clients. You can also define if each newly added field has to be filled to proceed with the booking.
Once you have added an event to the calendar, you have an option to edit and manage each specific occurrence.
To view an event, find it on your Calendar and click on it. The current event settings including the number of clients that have registered and the unique event invitation link will be displayed.
Click on to modify the various details of the event: Date & time, communication type, fees, attendees, and if the event is by invitation only.
Following the changes you have made, an email notification with the new details will be sent to the clients who have registered.
Follow-up on the number of people who registered for the service. If you requested a payment upfront for this event, you can check the payment status for each person who registered. You can also cancel the registration for specific attendees by selecting their name from the list displayed under the Attendees title to the right of the Event Overview (see below in the Event Overview example).
*You can manually choose to invite client(s) to all events from your vCita calendar.
Example of an Event Overview
If you wish to register client(s) yourself, select the button.
You can then choose if you'd like to invite the client(s) to one specific occurrence, or to all the sessions in the event series:
Next, you'll reach the client-selection screen.Choose one or multiple clients at once:
Example for registering clients
Click to add a note to your invitation, and then on
Example for the added note window
Once you make your selections and click , the client(s) will be automatically registered and receive a notification email.
You have two options for inviting a client to register for an event (aside from displaying the option on your Client Portal Service Menu): Your Unique Invitation Link and the Event Action Link.
- To get the Unique Invitation Link, Go to your from your account dashboard menu (to the left of the screen) and click on the desired event. The unique link will be displayed in the event Details. This will allow the customer to register for that specific occurrence.
- To get the Event Action Link click on from your account dashboard menu (to the left of the screen) followed by to allow your customers to choose from any occurrence that you have configured. Click here to learn more about this option.
When canceling an event, you can select if you want to cancel only the specific occurrence, or the whole series (which will remove all future event occurrences):
If you cancel an event, an automatic cancellation email will be sent to the registered clients. You have an option to type in a customized cancellation message that will be sent to the clients:
- LiveSite Service Menu Overview
- Create events and classes (video)
- Add a One-on-One Appointment to your Service Menu
- Service Menu FAQ'S (for 1:1 Appointments)
Still have questions? Contact us.