Creating and Managing Group Events
A group event is a service that can have several attendees. Classes, seminars and workshops are examples of group events. Group events function differently from one on one appointments. For clients to be able to register for a group event, you must create the group event in your services menu and then set events on your calendar which clients can then sign up for.
There are two steps to creating a group event that your clients can register for:
- Create the event: This is done by adding a new group event to your Services menu. When you create the event type, you specify the location, price, maximum number of registrants and other basic details.
- Schedule the event: After creating the group event in your services menu, set events on your vcita Calendar on the date and time of the event. These are the actual events that clients will be signing up for.
Adding Group Events to Your Service Menu
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to Settings > My Services.
- Click the New service button in the top left and select Group event.
- Set up the following:
- An event name.
- Location: Where and how the appointment will take place, for example, online via a web conference or in-person at your office.
- Duration of the service.
- Price of the appointment: It can be free or paid.
- Click Create to create your new service right away.
For more service customization options, proceed to the section below, or, start scheduling events right away.
For additional settings:
- Visit your service menu under Settings > My Services.
- Click on the service you want to edit (or click the pencil icon next to it).
You can edit the following settings:
- Service info: Service name, description, image, the number of attendees and visibility settings (private, invite-only event? Hide it from the service menu!). Select the display number of remaining spots if you would like to display the number of open spots remaining in an event as it fills up - keep in mind that this setting only affects the List view online scheduling display.
- Location: Location type and protocol, such as who selects the location, which online meeting provider will be used, etc.
- Duration: The length of the event and the option to set prep time if needed.
- Price: How the fee is displayed to clients and payment options.
- Client Notifications: Customize the auto-replies for booking this specific service. Updating this section will override the default auto client messages.
- Client Intake Form: Add additional questions to the intake form that clients have to fill out when booking this service. These questions are asked in addition to your default scheduling intake form.
Click on Save near the upper left corner of the page to save your changes.
Scheduling Group Events
Once you have created a group event service, the next step is to set the dates and times at which you will offer the event. These are the actual events that your clients can register for. (The reverse is also true: if you do not set events on the calendar, clients won't be able to sign up for this service.)
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to your Calendar.
- Click anywhere on the calendar where you would like to set an event and click Group Event.
- Select the event from the dropdown.
- Adjust the start and end times if needed.
- Adjust Preparation time and Max attendees if needed.
- Select the staff member who is hosting the event.
- By clicking on "Location & Price" you can edit these defaults, as well.
- You can create a private event that does not appear on the service menu: it will only be accessible for registration through an invitation link. To create a private event, select the Invitation only event checkbox.
- If you want to offer the event on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), click on "Does not repeat" and set the frequency of the events.
- Click Create Event.
The event will now be available for scheduling either through the invitation link, or on your service menu.
Register Clients Manually
Click on the event in your calendar. You will see all currently registered clients in the pane on the right-hand side of the screen.
To register clients manually:
- Click the Register Clients button in the upper left corner.
- Select clients from your client list and click Continue.
- Add a note which will be sent as part of the registration notification and calendar invite to your clients for the event and click Send.
- You can also promote your event to invite online signups.
Once clients are registered, you will see their names in the Attendees list. You can manage attendees directly from this list (e.g., check their payment status, cancel their registration, etc.).
Rescheduling and Canceling
To reschedule an event:
- Click the Edit button.
- Adjust the start and end times.
- Make sure to have the notification checkbox checked so that your clients will get an email notifying them of the change.
To cancel an event:
- On the event details page, click the Cancel Event button. This will trigger a cancellation message to be sent to all registered attendees.
- At this point, you can choose to refund your clients if any payments were made or recorded. Note that all outstanding payment requests will be canceled as well
Message Event Attendees
To make a quick announcement to all the attendees of your event, just click Send to all. You can send an email or share a document.
Make Changes to an Event
For all other event changes,
- Click Edit to update various event details, such as the maximum number of attendees, price, location and more.
- Make sure to have the notification checkbox checked so that registered clients will get an email notifying them of the changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.