Creating Group Events
A group event is a service that can have several attendees. Classes, seminars and workshops are examples of group events. Group events function differently from one on one appointments. For clients to be able to register for a group event, you must create the group event in your services menu and then set events on your calendar which clients can sign up for.
There are two steps to creating a group event that your clients can register for:
- Create the event: This is done by adding a new group event to your Services menu. When you create the event type, you specify the location, price, maximum number of registrants and other basic details.
- Schedule the event: After creating the group event in your services menu, set events on your vcita Calendar on the date and time of the event. These are the actual events that clients will be signing up for.
Adding Group Events to Your Service Menu
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to Settings > My Services.
- Click the New service button in the top left and select Group event.
- Set up the following:
- An event name.
- Location: Where and how the appointment will take place, for example, online via a web conference or in-person at your office.
- Duration of the service.
- Price of the appointment: It can be free or paid.
- Click Create to create your new service right away.
For more service customization options, proceed to the section below.
For additional settings:
- Visit your service menu under Settings > My Services.
- Click on the service you want to edit (or click the pencil icon next to it).
You can edit the following settings:
- Service info: Service name, description, image, the number of attendees and visibility settings (private, invite-only event? Hide it from the service menu!).
- Location: Location type and protocol, such as who selects the location, which online meeting provider will be used, etc.
- Duration: The length of the event and the option to set prep time if needed.
- Price: How the fee is displayed to clients and payment options.
- Client Notifications: Customize the auto-replies for booking this specific service. Updating this section will override the default auto client messages.
- Client Intake Form: Add additional questions to the intake form that clients have to fill out when booking this service. These questions are asked in addition to your default scheduling intake form.
Click on Save near the upper left corner of the page to save your changes.
Once you have created a group event service, the next step is to set the dates and times at which you will offer the event.