As your business staff grows, controlling access to sensitive data related to your clients becomes a necessity. On Platinum subscriptions, the Roles & Permissions settings enable you to ensure that your team members can only access information that is relevant to them.
For example, you can:
- Customize each staff member's access to client data
- Define which staff members can update client information
- Specify staff members who have access to invoices and payment information
This article presents:
There is a separate Roles & Permissions page for every member of your staff. This page is part of the settings that can be defined for each team member.
To access the Roles & Permissions settings for a staff member, please do the following:
- From the menu bar, select Settings > Staff to open your list of staff members.
- In the row of the relevant staff member, click . Then, from the list that opens, select Staff settings.
- On the left side of the Settings page, select Roles & Permissions.
Choose the desired role for the selected staff member, according to the descriptions below:
- Administrator - Has access to all the main account information, settings and billing. This role allows for viewing and making changes to any client or activity on the account, including impersonating a different staff member (“work as”).
- Manager - Has all administrator permissions, with the exceptions of changing the subscription plan of the account and accessing staff settings.
- Marketer - This role is intended for staff members who require limited client-specific access. Marketers can view and manage all clients, including accessing and editing settings. They have full access to marketing promotions and coupons, can edit all online presence options, and can purchase additional SMS messages.
Marketers cannot access to payment features or staff settings. They cannot delete clients, and they are not authorized to change the subscription plan.
- Collaborator - Has all basic user permissions, including the option to view the team in the calendar and impersonate a different staff member's view. Additional access can be given in this role, according to business requirements.
- User - This role is the only one that can have restricted permissions. You will be prompted to enable/disable access to various information resources according to your needs, as shown in the example below:
- Clients permissions - Determines whether the staff member can view all clients or only clients that are assigned to them
- Client info- Various options determining whether the staff member can see client contact information
- Payments permissions - Sets whether the staff member has access to invoices and payments reports
- Documents permissions- Lets you choose if the staff member can or cannot access documents sent to and from clients
Be sure to click on the button to keep your edited settings.
In addition, you can click here for more information on the permissions that are available for each Role.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Still have questions? Contact us