Staff Roles and Permissions
Roles and permissions help you control your staff members' access to sensitive data in your account such as client contact information and payment information.
To view and assign roles to staff members:
- In your vcita dashboard, select Settings > Staff to open your list of staff members.
- Hover over the staff member and click the ⋮ icon. Choose Staff settings from the dropdown.
- Switch to the Roles & Permissions tab.
4. Choose a role from the dropdown. To learn more about each role, click here.
You can customize the Collaborator and User roles - these settings are applied per staff member, so you can edit each one individually.
To customize a role:
- In your staff list, edit the advanced staff settings of the staff member and switch to the Roles and Permissions tab.
- Depending on the role that the staff member has, you will be able to allow or limit:
Note: Documents in the My Documents section are only available to the staff member who uploaded them)
- View permissions
Shared View: The Shared View allows for across-the-board collaboration. In shared view, staff members can see all the activities of their assigned clients, even activities that took place with other staff members, so the whole team is on the same page.
Restricted View: In restricted view, staff members can only see their own activity with clients such as an appointment scheduled with them.
Payments permissions: Leave it on if you would like staff members to be able to see payment information and transactions in your account. If you turn it off, the staff member will not be able to see or access the Payments section or record or take payments.
- Documents permissions: Leave it on if you would like staff members to be able to see documents shared between the client and the business. If you turn it off, the staff member will not be able to see or access the Documents section (including internal documents) or request or send documents.
- Packages permissions: Enable this feature if you would like this staff member to be able to add packages to clients. If turned off, the staff member will not be able to add or view packages on the client card.
- View permissions
- Contact info: You can hide certain pieces of contact info from staff members such as the email and phone number of the client
- Client Editing permissions: Use this option to limit the editing privileges of staff members. Disable permissions to prevent staff members from performing bulk actions (such as deleting many clients at once) or editing tags and marketing opt-in values.
- Finally, regardless of whether you set the view permission to Shared view or Restricted view for a particular staff member, you can enable staff members to view all the client cards of every client in your account. If left unchecked - staff members will only see clients they have worked with in the past or have an appointment with in the Clients list.