As your business staff grows, controlling access to sensitive data related to your clients becomes a necessity. The Roles & Permissions settings enable you to guarantee that your team members can access only information that is relevant to them. For example, you can:
- Customize each staff member's access to client data
- Define which staff members can update client information
- Specify staff members who have access to invoices and payment information
This article presents:
There is a separate Roles & Permissions page for every member of your staff. This page is part of the settings that can be defined for each team member.
To access Roles & Permissions settings for a staff member:
- From the menu bar, select Settings > Staff to open your list of staff members.
- In the row of the relevant staff member, click . Then, from the list that opens, select Staff settings.
- On the left side of the Settings page that opens, select Roles & Permissions.
Pick the most relevant role to the specific staff member you are setting this for:
- Administrator - Gets access to all the main account information, settings and billing. This role permits to view and make changes to any client or activity on the account, including switch to a different staff member (“work as”).
- Manager - A manager would have all administrator access with the exception of changing the subscription plan of the account and accessing staff settings.
- Marketing - This role is intended for staff members that require limited client specific access. With this role the staff member will be able to:
View and manage all clients, access and edit settings, full campaign and coupon access, edit all online presence options, and can buy SMS messages.
This role does not allow: Access to payment features, access to business info, deleting clients, access to staff settings, and does not allow the option to change the subscription plan.
- Collaborator - Allows basic user access with the option to view the team in the calendar. Additional access can be given in this role per the business requirements.
This role also allows the staff to switch to a different staff member's view.
- User - This role is the only one that can have restricted permissions. You will be asked to enable/disable access to various information resources according to your needs, as shown in the example below:
- Clients permissions - Determines whether the staff member sees all clients, or only clients that are assigned to them
- Client info- Various possibilities to show or hide client contact information from that staff member
- Payments permissions - Sets whether that staff member has access to invoices and payments reports
- Documents permissions- Lets you choose if that staff member can or cannot access documents sent to and from clients
This table illustrates the roles and their differences:
Last but not least, don't forget to click on the button to keep your edited settings.
Still have questions? Contact us