Never miss a payment! Manage and get an instant overview of all your business transactions in one place:
- Generate and send invoices, quotes and receipts to your clients
- Allow your clients to securely pay online by credit card or PayPal via a button or link- Even from their mobile!
- Receive your payments directly to your bank account
- Keep record of payments that where made offline
- Filter transactions according to various parameters
- Add additional recipients (CC) to sent invoices
- Generate and export detailed payments reports
* Your payments can be collected via Stripe or PayPal, according to your Payments setting configuration.
- Your Business Transactions Overview
- The Upper Menu Options
- Payment Settings
- Filtering your Transactions
- Payment Summary Display
- Related Articles
Select PAYMENTS from your account dashboard menu located to the left of the screen
Payment & Bookings transaction overview example
The menu is located at the top of your business transaction overview and contains the following options:
Clicking on this button will open two options:
- New Invoice – This will allow you to create a new invoice for a specific client. This invoice can be either dispatched immediately or saved as a draft. You’ll also have the option to Cc this invoice to multiple recipients.
To learn more about vCita’s invoicing options Click here.
- Record Payment - Enables you to register and keep record of payments that were made offline by your clients.
- Send Payment Link - Allows you to send a link to a list of clients that directs them to pay you.
Choosing this button will open a drop down menu with two options:
Opens a pop up window from which you can download a customized report by time frame and data selection.
Will get you to your Payments setting configuration where your payment preferences can be edited. Among the configuration options you’ll find:
- Late payment reminders
- New payment notifications
- Choosing which platform you want to collect your fees with (Stripe or Paypal)
- Customization of your payment form to your brand and preferences
- Configuration of your client’s policies
Your Payment Summary is displayed in two levels:
- Invoices & Bokkings
The Open payment summary box contains an overview of ALL your payments - the COLLECTED and the OPEN ones. This display will be affected by filter’s settings located above it. Note that the cancelled and archived payments are hidden by default from the display.
- Open: Includes the total amount of collected + open payments
- Overdue: Includes the total amount of unpaid payments
Note- Users subscribed to the Business plan also have the option of switching from viewing their payment data only to all staff accounts payment data. To choose the viewing option that suits your need, click on the single or multiple users icon located above the payment summary box (pictured in screenshot above).
2. Payments Received
Will display all collected and cancelled payment history with filtering options.
Can I collect payments with my own online payment gateway?
Currently vCita does not integrate with other payment gateways besides PayPal and Stripe.
Are there any commissions or fees when collecting payments using vCita?
vCita has no commissions or fees - you only pay whatever your PayPal or Stripe account is set to pay when receiving payments.
vCita will never have access or hold any funds collected on your behalf. Read more in our Terms of Service.
How secure is vCita payment gateway?
vCita uses PayPal or Stripe.com to collect payments from your clients. It means we rely on the most secure platforms in the world to process credit cards. Your clients see the PayPal/Stripe logo and know they're in good hands.
vCita never keeps your client credit card information.
It doesn't mean your clients need to have a PayPal or a Stripe account - they can pay with any credit or debit cart.
Can I set taxes, discounts, payment terms and due date with vCita invoices?
Yes. vCita invoicing is fully customizable (US & European Union compliant). You can also add your logo and address.
Do team accounts collect payments via their own PayPal or through my company PayPal?
With the team account all payments will be collected to your company’s PayPal account.
You can forward a commission to each of your team member’s right from your PayPal account. At the moment, the option to split a payment between you and the team member is not available.
- Create a New Invoice/Receipt/Quote
- Direct Client Payments
- Add a Payment Button to Any Website
- How Do I Archive or Cancel an Invoice?
Still have questions? Contact us.